Panglao Island, located in the Bohol, is one of the popular tourist destination in the Philippines. The island is famous for its white sand beaches, world-class diving sites and snorkeling. Panglao beaches attracts both local Filipino's and foreign visitors. There are many resorts,hotels and rental cottages and other amenities along the beaches for a worry free vacation at a very affordable prices.
Among the top Panglao beaches are :
1. Alona Beach. It is well known for its amazing white beach and crystal clear water, the place is crowded during high season so if you want some piece and quiet time, you better avoid this season. If you want to spend some peace and quiet, the best time to visit there is during off season.
2. Bagobo Beach. The beach has a very beautiful fine white sand, tall coconut palm trees and crystal clear water perfect for divers and snorkelers. It is also a perfect place to relax, reflect, unwind.and to bond with friends.
3. Bolod Beach. The public beach is a common destinations for local. Nipa huts, cottages, tents and tables can be rented for a minimal fee/day and additional fee for electric consumption. The beach also provides a big charcoal pit for grilling or you can order from a nearby grill hut or bring your own food.
4. Danao Beach. The beach being a recognized dive spots is has first class hotels offering comfortable quarters, amenities and services have been put up here to cater for a lot of visitors from Bohol Sea Resort, Kalipayan Beach Resort, Bita-ug Beach Resort and Alumbung Resort.
5. Doljo Beach. The beach known for its beautiful and exquisite seashells, a favorite hang-out of local folks. Some locals have put up native huts to rent them out to the picnickers. Private owners have put up native huts, cottages and seats to rent them out to the visitors.
6. Momo Beach. This beach is still under develop and not so popular with the locals. There are no resorts and rented cottages and restaurant yet so be better prepared when you visit here. Near the beach is a 40m deep diving site popular for visitors.
There is a lot of breathtaking beaches and resort places in the Visayan region to explore. You can get there by air and land. There are airline companies that offers airfare promos throughout the year, which you can avail for a discounted price.