Filipino Bloggers Worldwide
Where every Filipino Bloggers from different corners of the World meet virtually for Networking Purposes.
Designed by: Jyppe A. Quidores of www.the-creativity-window.com
How did the designer came up with the winning Logo design, here is his explanation:
As far as I understand, the ultimate goal of the Filipino Bloggers Worldwide (FBW) is:
To provide a place where every Filipino bloggers from the different corners of the world can have a virtual meet up for networking purposes; wherein, regardless of what niche they belong, they can share their valuable contents and help other Filipino bloggers achieve their respective vision, mission and goals.
Putting this idea into a compact visual representation, a logo, we need some symbols to represent the individual parts without destroying the whole thought of the objective.
Before we can pick representing symbols, we need to identify first some keywords, which are NETWORKING, FILIPINO, WORLDWIDE, and UNITY.
Here are the symbols being used in the logo:
Network Symbol. The original symbol of 'network' is a dot with three curve line above in a progressive length. This is being used because bloggers, generally speaking, only get connected through internet. This serves as an avenue for an online networking and a portal for offline networking.
World. Representing the vast coverage of Filipino presence, both online and offline.
Script Style Font. The continuity of the font style represents unity among Filipino bloggers.
Salakot. Perhaps, everyone of us knows that it is one of the well-known symbol for 'Filipino". Even before umbrella become known to Filipinos, salakot is used for the same purpose. It is place on the top portion of the logo to illustrate that the FBW is like a 'home' for Filipino bloggers.
» THE COLOR
As part of branding, 'science fiction blue' is the name of the logo's color. It is one of the futuristic colors. This color is selected because it represents the digital and virtual world and the unfathomable ideas and creativity of every Filipino bloggers. Its RBG value is 13,33, 119 or #0D2177.
» USABILITY OF THE DESIGN
The ENTRY No. 009 is designed with consideration to it's flexibility and usability.
The logo can be used for the following purposes while having the same identity :
1. Blog Header. The imblem can be 70x70px and the whole banner is best at 500px width, as shown in the illustration.
2. FB Groug Cover Image. The logo with Filipino Bloggers Worldwide wording can be used for both cover image and blog banner.
3. Profile Image. The logo is a combination of both fine and bold elements, which make it pleasing for large and small sizes.
4. Faavicon. The logo is still recognizable at the minimum of 16x16px, favicon size.
5. Avatar. It is also suitable for a 50x50px avatar.
6. Printed Materials. The logo is still crisp at minimum of 1.5X1.5cm, the common size of a logo on a business card. Since it is monochromatic, it is easily printed in any color.
7. Stamp. We don't know how far FBW can go, but we look forward that this will become bigger which the organization will even need stamp.
8. Color Conversion. In event the the logo is used in darker backgrounds, the whole logo can be easily converted into white.